Looking for 5th Grade Emcee Information? Click HERE for the Emcee Page!
2018 Red Hill Variety Show
IMPORTANT: Please review the Variety Show Rules and Guidelines before signing up your children. With more than 40 acts in previous years, it is important that we all work together and understand the expectations to make this show a success!
Please complete the following steps to participate in Red Hill's 2018 Variety Show:
STEP 1: PARENTS AND STUDENTS MUST READ THE RULES AND GUIDELINES.
Each participant and their parent must carefully review the Variety Show Rules and Guidelines before signing the Participant Contract. Feel free to print these out for easy access.
STEP 2: COMPLETE AND SIGN PARTICIPANT CONTRACT (ONE FOR EACH STUDENT PARTICIPATING)
Each participant and their parent needs to complete and sign the Participant Contract in order to audition for and participate in the Variety Show. *Students who do not have this on audition day WILL NOT AUDITION until this is completed.*
STEP 3: PARENT LEADER COMPLETES THE ACT INFORMATION FORM (ONLY ONE FORM PER ACT NEEDED)
Only one form must be filled out per group. Please have the group's lead parent complete the Act Information form with details about the act and a list of students participating in the act.
STEP 4: PARENT LEADER SIGN UP ONLINE FOR AN AUDITION TIME.
Only one audition time is needed per group. Please have the group leader sign up for the group.
STEP 5: SEND TWO EMAILS TO VARIETYSHOWREDHILL@GMAIL.COM
- Please join the email list by emailing your child's name and act name to email@example.com. This is the only way communication will be shared for the show. Each parent/ adult needing information about the show must email the above address to join the communication list.
- If you are using music, the parent leader MUST email your song choice to firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your song selection. Song claims will be based on a first come/first served basis (using the email time stamp). Be sure to specify the SONG TITLE and ARTIST and include your ACT NAME in the email!
IMPORTANT: ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE PRINTED, SIGNED, AND PRESENTED TO THE VARIETY SHOW CHAIRS ON THE AUDITION DATE.
GROUPS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AUDITION IF FORMS ARE MISSING. TO AUDITION, YOU MUST HAVE:
- A PARTICIPANT CONTRACT (ONE FOR EACH PARTICIPANT IN YOUR GROUP)
- AN ACT INFORMATION FORM (ONE PER GROUP FILLED OUT BY THE ADULT LEADER)
Interested in being part of the Red Hill Variety Show but being on stage is not your thing?
This year we are adding the following behind the scenes positions for 4th and 5th grade students:
Backstage Mangaers (2)
Prop Managers (2)
MC Manager (1)
Jr. Production Assistant (1)
If you are interested in one of these positions you can find more information and how to apply HERE.
COMPLETE PARTICIPANT CONTRACT FORM
LEAD PARENT COMPLETE ACT PARTICIPATION FORM
LEAD PARENT SIGN UP FOR AUDITION TIME
SEND TWO EMAILS:
2018 Variety Show: Rules and Guidelines
Please review the following guidelines before signing up your children. With more than 40 acts in previous years, it is important that we all work together and understand the expectations to make this show a success!
Rules for Variety Show Acts:
- The Variety Show is open to all kinds of unique, entertaining acts. (i.e.; Musical numbers, dance, magic, dramatic pieces, monologues, martial arts, gymnastics, juggling or comedy routines)
- Lip-syncing is not allowed.
- The Red Hill Variety Show is only open to currently enrolled Red Hill students K-5th grade.
- Participants may only participate in one act for the Variety Show (5TH Grade finale does NOT apply).
- Due to limited equipment, students cannot sing AND dance at the same time.
- ·STRICT 2 minute time limit for all acts.
- Instruments are the responsibility of the participant. Red Hill DOES NOT provide any instruments. Cables for instruments and microphones will be provided
Mandatory Rehearsals/ Performance Date:
- All participants MUST ATTEND the FULL DRESS REHEARSAL on Thursday, April 26 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm, as well as the FULL DRESS REHEARSAL on Wednesday, May 2 from 2:00 to 5:00 pm.
- Lead Parent (or other responsible parent) required to monitor their act backstage for rehearsals as well as on the day of the Variety Show performance.
- The VARIETY SHOW is scheduled for Friday, May 4th from 4:00 to approx 6:00 pm.
- Rehearsal absences may result in your act being dropped from the show. The only exception is in extreme illness
- All acts must audition on Tuesday, February 27th or Wednesday February 28th. Auditions will be conducted in Red Hill’s multipurpose room.
- Sign-ups for the audition will be done online. Visit www.redhillpta.org/variety-show for the link.
- Acts will be chosen based on creativity, enthusiasm, and appropriateness.
- You must provide us with a copy of your music. Music pieces must be put on a flash drive and turned in at your audition. If a problem is found with your music, you will have 2 weeks from audition to resubmit or your act will not be allowed to be in show.
- Music needs to be edited BEFORE audition day. We cannot help with music edits. Please be sure to have your music cut/ edited to the exact length of your act. *There is a strict 2 minute maximum*
- There will be no duplicate acts and/or music allowed. PLEASE EMAIL SONG CHOICE to email@example.com to claim your song selection. Songs will be claimed on a first come/ first served basis.
- Please print lyrics to your song and bring to audition for review. All lyrics must be checked by parents to insure that they are appropriate for an elementary school performance. If lyrics are found to be inappropriate, you will have two weeks to re-submit or the act will not be allowed in the show.
- Only one parent or one lead parent will be allowed to be in the multipurpose room during the audition. Friends, siblings, or family members will not be permitted in the multipurpose room during auditions.
Questions? If you have any questions or need any clarification, please contact the Variety Show Co-Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.